Monday, December 1, 2008

you found me

I've become newfoundly obsessed with the fray's latest single over the past few weeks...playing it for everyone and getting their opinions on it.

i've always had a soft spot for the fray, and i think it's because of songs like this.

the song is basically a conversation with God that goes like this...

guy runs into God on the street and asks where he's been.

God says "ask anything"

he asks "where were you when everything was falling apart?"

i am madly in love with the bridge, i love the raw honesty about it...it's been changing some things inside of me...it goes like this:
"Early morning, the city breaks, i've been calling for years and years and years and years and you never left me no messages, you never sent me no letters, you've got some kind of nerve..."

we aren't supposed to talk to God like that...are we?

but maybe God can handle it....maybe thats what he wants to see....the raw and real and honest version of me.

i think this week i was reminded that this is what i'm thankful for.  the opportunity to be honest.  i think the change starts there...

No comments: